There is no doubt that we live in a breathtakingly beautiful country, and waterfalls have a stellar role with their impressive strength that refreshes our mind and body.
So we recommend these 14 impressive waterfalls that all tourists should visit.
1. Waterfall Río Blanco, Guápiles, Limón
It is one of the most impressive waterfalls we have seen so far, go and find out why.
2. Tesoro Escondido (Hidden Treasure), Bajos del Toro, Alajuela
The name of this waterfall falls short with the beauty that you will find, so go enjoy it.
3. Chindama Waterfall, Guapiles, Limón
This waterfall has been the hardest to reach, which makes it even more special in addition to its huge size.
4. Diamante Waterfall, Pérez Zeledón, San José
Sleeping behind a towering waterfall is not impossible in this place hidden in the jungle of Pérez Zeledón.
5. Llanos de Cortés, Bagaces, Guanacaste
This place is a legitimate oasis in the middle of the Guanacaste savannah, with easy access and suitable for the whole family.
6. Nauyaca, Barú, Puntarenas
For those who say that size does matter, this waterfall located in the middle of the jungle is quite the giant.
7. La Cangreja Waterfall, Rincón de la Vieja, Guanacaste
The Rincon de la Vieja has a secret up its sleeve, and it’s a super cool waterfall under the shade of the trees.
8. Paraíso de Manantiales, Bajos del Toro, Alajuela
There is a reason why the name has the word paradise in it, they named this place from which water comes from everywhere, a place to walk and enjoy a full day.
9. Uvita, Puntarenas
Near the Marino Ballena National Park is this waterfall surrounded by a green area that will make you enjoy it like crazy with its natural pool and slide.
10. Toro Amarillo Waterfall, Bajos del Toro, Alajuela
This is a waterfall that will leave you soaked with emotion, as its great fall of water generates a strongly abundant dew.
11. Waterfall Rio Savegre, San Gerardo de Dota, Cartago
A path that leads to a waterfall in an almost enchanted forest, with a cool climate all year round.
12. La Fortuna Waterfall, San Carlos, Alajuela
La Fortuna de San Carlos is not only a volcano and a lake, because the Fortuna River has the most majestic waterfall in the area.
13. Pavón Waterfall, Punta Mala, Puntarenas
A small waterfall, easily accessible and perfect where the waterfalls between giant stones that create pools in its path.
14. Los Chorros, Grecia, Alajuela
This very close place of San José is ideal for all families because it has picnic areas and many places to discover easily accessible.